A Guide to the Valentine’s Day Eiffel Tower Light Show!
The Paris Eiffel Tower is the most romantic monument in the world and a perfect destination to begin your love story on Valentine’s Day.
The Eiffel Tower light shows create a more romantic atmosphere and are a beacon of love on Valentine’s Day in Paris!
Visitors planning to visit the monument for the Special Eiffel Tower light shows on Valentine’s Day must know all about the timings, best spots, and more.
Read further to discover more about the light shows to ensure you have the best Valentine’s Day with your partner!
Eiffel Tower Light Show on Valentine’s Day
The Eiffel Tower has been organizing light shows every day of the year since 1985, which attracts millions of visitors.
The Tower has 20,000 LED light bulbs and projectors at the base of the Tower, which display beautiful designs on the structure.
On Valentine’s Day, the Eiffel Tower dons a romantic red exterior, the color of love and romance!
The projectors display huge animated red and pink hearts on the structure, enhancing the romantic atmosphere of the entire city.
In 2022, the Eiffel Tower had giant display screens that showcased the best love notes from social media under the hashtag #EiffelInLove.
New and exciting events, such as the one mentioned above, take place in the Tower every year, making it a must-visit!
The dazzling lights of the Tower ensure you end your day in Paris in the most magical way!
The entire show is rehearsed in advance, ensuring it goes perfectly on Valentine’s Day night.
The Eiffel Tower light shows are a great way to celebrate your love in front of the whole world.
Eiffel Tower Light Show Timings on Valentine’s Day
The Eiffel Tower light shows begin when the sun sets on Valentine’s Day.
You have enough time to explore all levels of the Eiffel Tower and enjoy the most romantic views of the city from the Summit before the show begins.
The Eiffel Tower will remain open from 9.15 am to 10.45 pm on Valentine’s Day 2024.
All visitors must leave the Tower by 11 pm, the last elevator time and the staircase will close at 10.45 pm.
The Valentine’s Day Eiffel Tower light show will sparkle for the first five minutes of every hour.
The last show will be at 11 pm on Valentine’s Day.
All the lights of the Eiffel Tower, including the beacons at the top, will shut off at 11.45 pm.
Best Places to Watch the Eiffel Tower Light Show on Valentine’s Day
The Eiffel Tower is visible from all over the city of Paris, but here are some of the best spots with an excellent romantic view of the Eiffel Tower light shows!
- The Seine River Cruise is the most romantic spot in Paris. It offers a stunning view of the light show reflecting on the water. You can also enjoy a romantic dinner on the cruise ship.
- Montparnasse Tower offers the most unobstructed view of the Eiffel Tower light shows. You can also admire a scenic view of the entire Paris city from Montparnasse Terrace.
- Trocadero is located directly opposite the Eiffel Tower, and the staircase and square offer the best view of the light show. It is an excellent spot for a Valentine’s Day couple photoshoot!
- Square Rapp and Sr Rue Dominique are some less crowded spots, walking distance from the Eiffel Tower. They have buildings and streets with great architecture.
- Champ de Mars Garden is the closest spot with a great view of the light show. It is also an excellent place for a quiet proposal. You can enjoy a small picnic with a glass of champagne at the base.
- Pont de Bir Hakeim is the most beautiful bridge in Paris city. It has ornate sculptures and designs and provides a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower and the Seine River.
To discover more spots to watch the Eiffel Tower light shows, check out our Spots with the best view of the Eiffel Tower light show article!
Photography Laws for the Eiffel Tower Light Show
The government copyrights the Eiffel Tower light shows. Hence, you must follow some important laws when clicking pictures around the Tower.
Visitors must not capture professional or commercial photos of the Eiffel Tower light shows on Valentine’s Day.
If you want to organize a professional photoshoot for your proposal or engagement, you must ask for permission from the authorities in advance.
You have to contact the management of the Eiffel Tower for permission.
They might ask you to pay a small fee after receiving permission to capture the light shows on Valentine’s Day.
Visitors who want to capture social media photos of the Eiffel Tower light show from their phones from romantic spots in Paris can do so without permission and a fee.
The light show and the entire structure illuminated with lighting at night are copyrighted. You should ask for permission even if you are not capturing the light shows.
Other Things to do at The Eiffel Tower on Valentine’s Day
The Eiffel Tower is a perfect date spot for Valentine’s Day in Paris, with its romantic ambiance and fun facilities!
Here are some other exciting things you can do at the Eiffel Tower on Valentine’s Day:
- Tourists should explore all the levels of the Tower for the best romantic and cultural experiences.
- Visit the Summit for a spectacular view of the city from the highest vantage point in Paris!
- Enjoy intimate conversations at the Champagne Bar and snack at the Macaron Bar.
- Have a romantic candlelight dinner at the Michelin-star restaurants in the Eiffel Tower.
Check out our Valentine’s Day Proposal Guide at the Eiffel Tower, which will take you through easy date ideas and help you find proposal spots in the Tower!
Tips to Remember when Visiting the Eiffel Tower Valentine’s Day Light Show
Here are some important things to remember when visiting the Valentine’s Day Eiffel Tower light show in Paris:
- If you plan to explore the Tower on 14 February 2024, you must book your tickets in advance online. Tickets may be limited at the entrance since the Tower is a prime tourist attraction on Valentine’s Day.
- You must arrive at the best spots to watch the light shows before the sun sets to avoid the crowd. Most people arrive later in the night to watch the light shows on Valentine’s Day.
- Wear comfortable shoes so you can explore many different spots. You can make it a game and find the best location for a photoshoot.
- Check the weather before watching the light show on Valentine’s Day. You can choose your outfit as per the weather predictions.
- Surprise your partner with a romantic picnic at one of the gardens around the Tower to watch the Eiffel Tower Paris light shows!
- Use public transportation to get to the Eiffel Tower and other spots, as the roads would be crowded on Valentine’s Day.
- Avoid playing loud and disturbing music in public places when proposing.
- You must book an Eiffel Tower elevator ticket to visit the Summit. The staircase only leads to the second level.
FAQs for Valentine’s Day Eiffel Tower light show
What time is the light show at the Eiffel Tower on Valentine’s Day?
The Eiffel Tower light show on Valentine’s Day begins as soon as the sun sets. The Tower sparkles for the first five minutes of every hour.
The last show is at 11 pm. All the lights of the Tower are turned off at 11.45 pm on 14th February 2024.
What are the Eiffel Tower ticket prices for Valentine’s Day?
The standard Eiffel Tower entry ticket for Valentine’s Day with Summit and elevator access is €106.
What does the Eiffel Tower do on Valentine’s Day?
The Eiffel Tower is completely decorated with balloons, posters, and more on Valentine’s Day. You can enjoy a romantic meal at the Eiffel Tower restaurant.
The major Valentine’s Day attraction is the light show, with red lighting and hearts projected on the structure.
Is the Eiffel Tower crowded in February?
The Eiffel Tower is the least crowded in January and February, as these are winter months.
Can I click photos of the Eiffel Tower at night on Valentine’s Day?
You can click photos of the Eiffel Tower at night on Valentine’s Day to post on social media.
Professional and commercial photography is not allowed without prior permission.
Are there fireworks at the Eiffel Tower on Valentine’s Day?
No, fireworks are only displayed on the 14th of July, Bastille Day, at the Eiffel Tower. You can see a special light show on Valentine’s Day.
Which are some good spots to watch the Valentine’s Day Eiffel Tower light show?
The Seine River Cruise, Champ de Mars Gardens, Montparnasse Tower, and many more are great spots to watch the Valentine’s Day Eiffel Tower light show.
What is the weather of Paris in February?
Some days in February can be warm or cold in Paris. Most days are usually warm as the season changes to spring.
You must check the weather forecast before planning your Eiffel Tower visit.
What is the best time of the day to visit the Eiffel Tower on Valentine’s Day?
The best time to visit the Eiffel Tower on Valentine’s Day is when the Tower opens at 9.15 am.
The crowd will increase after 10.30 am. It will also be less crowded in the evening, after 5 pm on Valentine’s Day.
What is the price for a meal at the Eiffel Tower on Valentine’s Day?
The Eiffel Tower has two restaurants, Madame Brasserie and Jules Verne. Both have different prices for different menus and meals on Valentine’s Day. Here are the prices:
Featured Image : Stock photos by Vecteezy