Every year, millions of visitors flock to Paris, France, to witness the allure of the Eiffel Tower, an iconic symbol of romance and architectural brilliance.
As they delve into the beauty and history of the Eiffel Tower, many travelers also seek to explore the equally mesmerizing Arc de Triomphe.
Arc de Triomphe stands proudly at the western end of the famous Champs-Élysées Avenue, epitomizing the valor and triumph of France.
This article helps you find the best transportation options from Eiffel Tower to Arc de Triomphe.
Additionally, we will provide insights on securing Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe tickets for a smooth visit.
Distance: 2 kilometers (By Car)
- 8 Minutes (By Car)
- 8 Minutes (By Taxi)
- 19 Minutes (by Subway/Metro/Train)
- 20 Minutes (by Bus)
- 31 Minutes (By Walk)
Eiffel Tower Ticket Price: €35 ($39) / Adult
Distance to Arc de Triomphe from Eiffel Tower
The Arc de Triomphe is approximately 1.9 kilometers (1.2 miles) from the Eiffel Tower, on the opposite side of the River Seine. Get Directions.
A taxi ride from the Eiffel Tower to the Arc de Triomphe takes around eight to ten minutes, providing a quick and convenient transportation option.
On the other hand, if you prefer to enjoy a leisurely stroll, the walking distance is approximately 2.2 kilometers (1.4 miles), and it would take approximately 30 minutes to reach the Arc de Triomphe.
During your walk, you’ll have the opportunity to cross the scenic Seine River, creating a delightful experience, especially at the charming Pont de l’Alma (Alma Bridge).
Eiffel Tower to Arc de Triomphe by Metro
Our journey commences at the world-famous Eiffel Tower, standing tall and majestic along the banks of the River Seine.
The closest Metro station is Bir-Hakeim, served by Line 6.
- As you reach this underground station, you’ll feel the anticipation build for the memorable voyage ahead.
- Board Line 6 train at Bir-Hakeim, and soon, you’ll be gliding through the heart of Paris.
- This Metro line offers a comfortable ride, with clear directions and announcements, making navigation easy.
- Along the route, you’ll pass by several stations with unique architectural designs reflecting the essence of Parisian culture.
- After approximately twelve minutes and seven stops, alight at the Charles de Gaulle-Étoile station.
- This station is strategically located beneath the splendid Arc de Triomphe, providing a glimpse of this iconic monument as you step out onto the platform.
- As you ascend from the Metro station, the grandeur of the Arc de Triomphe comes into full view.
Standing at the western end of the Champs-Élysées, this monument commemorates the triumphs of the French Revolution and Napoleonic era.
Eiffel Tower to Arc de Triomphe via Taxi
The luxurious journey begins at the magnificent Eiffel Tower, a symbol of romance and architectural brilliance.
- Within the vicinity of the tower, you’ll find numerous taxi stands, and hailing a taxi is an effortless task. Step into the comfort of the cab and let the adventure unfold.
- As the taxi cruises through the streets of Paris, you’ll be treated to enchanting vistas of the city’s charming neighborhoods.
- Within a few minutes, you’ll find yourself on the prestigious Avenue des Champs-Élysées, the perfect route to the Arc de Triomphe.
- The taxi ride culminates at the majestic Arc de Triomphe, an awe-inspiring monument that honors the bravery and victories of French soldiers.
- Marvel at the intricately carved sculptures and the eternal flame, symbolizing remembrance and patriotism.
A sense of grandeur and historical significance leaves you captivated by the rich heritage of Paris.
This provides an alternative means of securing a taxi for your journey.
Tip: You can reach the Arc de Triomphe Museum by taking an Uber ride, which typically costs around 8 Euros.
When comparing Uber drivers to local Parisian taxis, many tourists often find Uber drivers to be more courteous, punctual, and dependable.
Bus from Eiffel Tower to Arc de Triomphe
Our scenic adventure commences at the magnificent Eiffel Tower, an architectural marvel that captures the essence of Parisian romance and elegance.
- Within close proximity to the tower, you can easily locate the bus stop that will take you on this route.
- As you step onto the bus, you’ll find yourself surrounded by the hustle and bustle of Parisian life.
- The bus route meanders through charming neighborhoods and picturesque avenues, providing glimpses of local life and iconic landmarks.
- The bus journey takes you along the famed Avenue des Champs-Élysées, one of the world’s most prestigious boulevards.
- Prepare to be captivated by the elegance of the tree-lined avenue, full of luxury boutiques, cafes, and theaters.
- The lively atmosphere and the sight of the Arc de Triomphe looming in the distance heighten the excitement of your journey.
- As the bus approaches its final destination, you’ll be greeted by the magnificent Arc de Triomphe, standing proudly at the western end of the Champs-Élysées.
For the most up-to-date information on bus routes and schedules, you can refer to RATP, the state-owned public transport operator, which provides the latest information on bus routes and timings.
Eiffel Tower to Arc de Triomphe Walking
If you have the luxury of time and a desire to immerse yourself in the city’s charm, embarking on a leisurely walk from the Eiffel Tower to the Arc de Triomphe can be a delightful experience.
The Eiffel Tower to Arc de Triomphe walking distance is approximately 2.2 kilometers (1.4 miles), providing a picturesque journey through the heart of Paris.
The route takes you through charming neighborhoods and iconic streets, allowing you to soak in the vibrant ambiance of the city.
As you stroll along, you’ll be captivated by Paris’s mesmerizing views and architectural wonders.
However, it is essential to consider your physical fitness level before choosing this option.
The walk may take around 30 minutes, so we advise against it for individuals who are not accustomed to long walks or have mobility concerns.
The best transport from Eiffel Tower to Arc de Triomphe – Conclusion
The Metro is the best way to travel from the Eiffel Tower to the Arc de Triomphe because it’s fast and efficient, avoiding traffic congestion.
With Metro stations conveniently located near both landmarks, it offers a hassle-free and affordable journey for tourists.
Additionally, it provides a chance to experience the city like a local and enjoy the scenic underground ride.
Furthermore, it’s economic, so it wouldn’t leave a dent in your wallet.
Eiffel Tower and Arc De Triomphe Tickets
By purchasing tickets for the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower in advance, you can efficiently visit these iconic Parisian attractions within approximately five hours.
On the contrary, if you buy tickets on-site, you may spend anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes (depending on the season) waiting in line at each attraction’s ticket counter.
If you have already acquired your tickets online, you can bypass the ticket lines and proceed directly to the elevators that will take you up the Eiffel Tower.
In about 90 minutes, you can explore the first and second floors and enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of Paris from the third floor.
Once you have finished exploring the Eiffel Tower, you should allocate at least 20 minutes to travel to the Arc de Triomphe.
However, the duration will vary depending on your chosen mode of transportation.
In a rush, some tourists complete their exploration of the Arc de Triomphe within two hours.
However, to fully appreciate the world’s finest masterpieces, it is recommended to allow at least three hours for a comprehensive tour.
Regardless of which attraction you visit first, Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower will create lasting memories for you and your family or group.
How far is the Arc de Triomphe from the Eiffel Tower?
The Arc de Triomphe is approximately 1.9 kilometers (1.2 miles) away from the Eiffel Tower.
What is the best mode of transportation to reach the Arc de Triomphe from the Eiffel Tower?
Taxi is the most convenient mode of transportation. It takes around eight to ten minutes for the journey.
Can I walk from the Eiffel Tower to the Arc de Triomphe?
Yes, walking is an option, and the distance is approximately 2.2 kilometers (1.4 miles), taking around 30 minutes.
Are public transportation options available between the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe?
Yes, you can use the Paris Metro’s Line 6 to travel between the two landmarks. You can take Line 6 from Bir-Hakeim (Eiffel Tower area) to Charles de Gaulle-Étoile (Arc de Triomphe area).
Is it possible to see both the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe in one day?
Yes, it is possible to visit both landmarks in a day, considering their proximity and the efficient transportation options available.
Are there any other attractions or points of interest near the Arc de Triomphe that I can explore?
Absolutely! The Arc de Triomphe is located at the western end of the Champs-Élysées, a vibrant avenue filled with luxury boutiques, cafes, and theaters. You can also find the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and Place Charles de Gaulle nearby.
What are the best times to visit the Arc de Triomphe to avoid crowds?
Early mornings or late afternoons on weekdays are generally less crowded times to visit the Arc de Triomphe. Avoiding weekends and peak tourist seasons can also help you enjoy a more serene experience at this iconic monument.
Featured Image: Vacatis.com