Everything to know about the Gustave Eiffel Lounge!
The Eiffel Tower is the perfect place to celebrate special occasions with a great view of the city of Paris!
The Gustave Eiffel Lounge, also known as the Salon Gustave Eiffel, on the first level of the Eiffel Tower, is the perfect place to host and enjoy special occasions in the city of love.
Opened to the public now, it’s perfect to book for your meetings, cocktail parties, wedding celebrations, and more!
Several live shows and concerts are organized at the Lounge, making it an excellent place for entertainment in the Eiffel Tower.
Visitors who plan to book this Lounge for their private events or want to attend the entertaining shows happening in this place must know everything about the Gustave Eiffel Lounge.
Read further to learn more about the timings of the Lounge, tips to remember, expectations of the Lounge, and more!
What can you expect from the Gustave Eiffel Lounge?
The Gustave Eiffel Lounge was renovated in 2013 and has since been opened to the public for various exciting events and even to host private celebrations in the Eiffel Tower.
The room has a modular layout and huge floor-to-ceiling windows, showcasing a stunning view of the city from 57 meters above.
The Eiffel Lounge looks much more modern than the Eiffel Tower interiors on the other floors, but the builders have done their best to incorporate the distinctive architectural structure of the Tower.
The room was constructed using glass and steel and has enormous windows with an attached cloakroom, dressing room, control room, and office.
The crisscrossed lines on the glass windows are made to imitate the latticed structure of the Eiffel Tower, which was Gustave Eiffel’s signature design.
One side of the room overlooks the city of Paris and its stunning skyline, while on the other side, guests can enjoy a close-up view of the architecture of the Eiffel Tower.
A stage is built at one end of the room, and the other half has a theatre-like seating arrangement, which is perfect for seminars or concerts!
The room is also fitted with modern sound and lighting equipment and a giant LED screen to ensure you have the best experience!
Timings of the Lounge
The Gustave Eiffel Lounge is open for booking from 9.30 am to 1.30 am every night throughout the year.
Gustave Eiffel Lounge Accommodation
Visitors planning to book the Lounge for their private events should consider the event they are hosting before inviting their guests.
The Gustave Eiffel Lounge can accommodate up to 100 people for a party, followed by a meal in the Lounge.
The Eiffel Tower restaurants, Madame Brasserie and Jules Verne, offer catering services to the Lounge if needed.
Check out our Madame Brasserie vs Jules Verne article to find the best Michelin-star restaurant for you!
If a theatre-style presentation for seminars or a group meeting is being organized, you can have up to 190 visitors in the Eiffel Lounge.
For cocktail gatherings, 220 visitors can easily be accommodated in the Lounge.
From 9.30 am to 1 am, the Gustave Eiffel Lounge in the Eiffel Tower is available for accommodation for 300 people for business meetings.
Here is a small table so you can see the capacity at a glance:
|Type of event
|An event with a meal
|An event with a theatre-style presentation
|Business meetings (Maximum capacity)
You must book the room months in advance to avoid disappointment.
Additional services provided at the Lounge
Some additional services you can avail of at the Gustave Eiffel Lounge to brighten up your personal events are:
- Video recording and streaming equipment
- Translation booths
- Virtual reality, magic shows, street art, and music entertainment facilities
- Eiffel Tower merchandise
- and a guide to explore the history of the Eiffel Tower.
How to get to the Gustave Eiffel Lounge?
The Salon Gustave Eiffel is located on the first level of the Eiffel Tower.
Visitors can reach the first level by the staircase or elevators.
You can access the staircase from the South pillar of the Eiffel Tower.
You can also reach the first level by taking any one of the elevators from the North, West, and East pillars, which stop at this level.
We recommend visitors with mobility issues and those traveling with children book an Eiffel Tower elevator ticket to get to the Gustave Eiffel Lounge in comfort.
Check out our How to reach the Eiffel Tower article if you want to find cheap public transport to reach the Eiffel Tower!
Tips to remember when visiting the Gustave Eiffel Lounge
Here are some tips to remember when you plan to visit the Gustave Eiffel Lounge to ensure you have the best experience possible!
- You must book the space a month in advance if you plan to organize any private event in the Eiffel Lounge.
- Avoid carrying heavy bags or suitcases as these are not allowed inside the Eiffel Tower and Gustave Eiffel Lounge.
- The Eiffel Tower restaurants, Madame Brasserie, and Jules Verne, do catering at the Lounge on request if you need it.
- If you have booked the Lounge in the evening, after 5.30 pm, you must purchase an elevator ticket since the staircase closes by that time of the day.
- Don’t forget to enjoy the stunning view from the Lounge, which allows you to look over the city and take a closer look at the captivating architecture of the Paris Eiffel Tower.
- You can also hire technicians for 8 hours, security guards, and staff to check tickets for the time slot you book the Lounge for.
- Wear sturdy footwear with a good grip to avoid slipping and to ensure you can explore the Lounge comfortably.
- The best view from the Salon Gustave Eiffel can be seen during sunset. Hence, booking at this time of the day is recommended if you are celebrating a special occasion.
- The maximum standing capacity for the Gustave Eiffel Lounge is 300 people. Make sure to invite guests accordingly to avoid unnecessary confusion and overcrowding.
- You can easily travel to the Lounge by Parisian public transport, as many options are available for much cheaper than hiring a private vehicle.
- Avoid bringing too much food or drinks into the Gustave Eiffel Lounge, as it is not allowed inside.
FAQs for the Eiffel Lounge
What are the timings for the Gustave Eiffel Lounge?
The Eiffel Tower Lounge opens at 9.30 am and can be booked up to 1.30 am in the night for business events.
On which level is the Gustave Eiffel Lounge located?
The Gustave Eiffel Lounge is located on the first level of the Eiffel Tower, which is 57 meters above the ground and offers a clear close-up view of the city and its attractions.
What are some of the services I can avail of at the Gustave Eiffel Lounge?
Some of the services offered for hire in the Lounge are:
• Technicians for 8 hours to assist with the equipment
• Security guards
• Ticketing staff
• Entertainment options include street artists or musicians and more.
How many people can the Eiffel Lounge accommodate?
The number of people the Lounge can accommodate depends on the sort of event being organized. For example, if you organize a celebration followed by a meal, only 100 people can be accommodated in the Lounge, and 220 people can fit in for Cocktail parties.
How do you book the Gustave Eiffel Lounge for an event?
The booking for the Gustave Eiffel Lounge for any private event can only be made from the main website of the Eiffel Tower. You should read all the laws and instructions provided by the authorities before booking the Lounge. It is necessary to book your slot a month or more in advance to avoid disappointment.
What is not allowed inside the Gustave Eiffel Lounge?
You are not allowed to carry heavy luggage, glass bottles, drink cans, tools, weapons, foldable child pushchairs, or too much food and drinks inside the Gustave Eiffel Lounge.
What are the features of the Gustave Eiffel Lounge?
The Gustave Eiffel Lounge has modern sound and lighting equipment, an LED screen, a stage, and a theatre-like seating arrangement with a great view of Paris on one side and a close-up view of the architecture of the Tower on the other side.
What are the Eiffel Tower timings?
The Eiffel Tower is open to visitors every day from 9.30 am to 10.45 pm. The Eiffel Tower closes at 11.45 pm.
Which is the highest restaurant in the Eiffel Tower?
Jules Verne is the highest restaurant in the Eiffel Tower. It is a one-star Michelin Restaurant, run by Chef Fredrick Anton, serving French dishes inspired by the Eiffel Tower, which are not available anywhere else around Paris.
What are the light show timings?
The Eiffel Tower light shows begin when the sun sets and shines for the first five minutes of every hour. The last light show is conducted at 11 pm, which is slightly different from the other shows with moving and flashing lights and is a must-see!