A Step-by-Step Guide to the Eiffel Tower Summit: Reach the Top Effortlessly
A visit to Paris is incomplete without experiencing the magnificent view from the Eiffel Tower Summit.
Standing proudly at 906 feet, it offers an unparalleled panorama of the City of Lights. But how do you navigate your way to the top?
This ultimate guide provides you with all the insider tips and straightforward steps to reach the Eiffel Tower Summit seamlessly, ensuring your journey is as memorable as the destination.
Step 1: Planning Your Visit
Before you even step foot in Paris, planning is key.
Purchasing your tickets online is the first step to a hassle-free experience.
Not only does it secure your spot, but it also allows you to skip the long queues, making your ascent to the Summit faster and more enjoyable.
- Book in Advance: Tickets to the Eiffel Tower can sell out quickly, especially to the Summit. It’s strongly recommended that you buy your tickets to the Eiffel Tower Summit Online in advance so that you won’t have to deal with any last-minute inconveniences or disappointments.
- Choose the Right Ticket: Different ticket options are available, from standard access to guided tours that include Summit access. Pick the one that best suits your interests and budget.
Step 2: Starting Your Ascent
The journey to the Summit begins from the ground level, and you have multiple options to reach the second level before taking the elevator to the Summit.
- By Elevator: This is the most convenient option. Elevators are located at the North, West, and East pillars. If you’ve bought your ticket online, look for the green flag line to board the elevator directly.
- By Stairs: If you’re up for a bit of exercise, take the stairs from the South pillar. It’s 674 steps to the second level, and from there, you can take the elevator to the Summit.
Step 3: Reaching the Summit
Once you’ve reached the second level, the final step is to take the elevator to the Summit.
The journey is smooth and swift, and before you know it, you’ll be standing at the highest point of the Eiffel Tower, soaking in the breathtaking views of Paris.
What to Expect at the Summit?
- Breathtaking Views: The Summit offers a 360-degree view of Paris. It’s the perfect spot for memorable photos, especially during sunset.
- Champagne Bar: Celebrate your ascent with a glass of champagne at the bar located at the Summit. It’s a luxurious experience you wouldn’t want to miss.
Historical Exhibits: Don’t forget to visit the reconstructed office of Gustave Eiffel and immerse yourself in the tower’s rich history.
Tips for a Smooth Experience
- Timing: The best time to visit is early morning or late evening to avoid the crowds and enjoy the city in different lights.
- Comfortable Clothing: Wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. The Summit can be quite windy, and wearing comfortable shoes helps you explore the area without any problem.
- Security: Arrive earlier than your time slot to allow time for security checks.
Reaching the Summit of the Eiffel Tower is an experience like no other.
With proper planning and these easy-to-follow steps, you’re set for an unforgettable journey to the top of one of the world’s most iconic landmarks.
Prepare to be captivated by the stunning views and rich history of the Eiffel Tower Summit.
Do I need a special ticket to reach the Summit of the Eiffel Tower?
Yes, you need to purchase a ticket that includes Summit access. There are different types of tickets, so ensure your selection specifies access to the Summit.
Can I buy a ticket to the Summit directly at the Eiffel Tower?
While tickets can be purchased at the tower, availability for Summit access can be limited. It’s highly recommended that you buy your tickets online in advance.
What are the steps to reach the Summit of the Eiffel Tower?
First, take the elevator (or stairs if you prefer and are going to the 2nd floor) from the ground level to the second level.
From there, access the separate elevator that takes you to the Summit.
Is it possible to take the stairs all the way to the Summit?
No, visitors can take the stairs only up to the second level. From there, you must take an elevator to reach the Summit.
How long does the elevator ride to the Eiffel Tower Summit take?
The elevator ride from the second level to the Summit typically takes a few minutes, depending on queue times and operational speed.
Are there any restrictions on who can visit the Summit?
There are no age or health restrictions, but it’s advisable for visitors with certain medical conditions or a fear of heights to consider their comfort level with high elevations.
How early should I arrive before my scheduled Summit access time?
It’s recommended to arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time to allow for security checks and any queues at the entrance.
Is there a limit to how long I can stay at the Summit?
While there’s no strict time limit for staying at the Summit, visitors are encouraged to be considerate of others waiting to experience the view, especially during peak times.
What facilities are available at the Summit of the Eiffel Tower?
The Summit features a champagne bar, a gift shop, and historical exhibits, including a reconstruction of Gustave Eiffel’s office. Restrooms and viewing platforms are also available for visitors’ convenience.
Featured Image : Stock photos by Vecteezy