A Complete Guide To A Romantic Eiffel Tower At Night Date!
The Eiffel Tower, an eternal symbol of romance in the city of love, provides the ultimate setting for a memorable date night in Paris.
To ensure your romantic evening at the Eiffel Tower surpasses all expectations, it’s essential to have a comprehensive understanding of timings, activities, and other important details.
Continue reading to discover the perfect ingredients for planning a remarkable and unforgettable date night for your partner in the heart of Paris.
Romantic Things To Do At The Eiffel Tower At Night
The Romantic Eiffel Tower at night provides some of the best experiences and ensures you have a perfect date night!
Some of the perfect date night activities at the Eiffel Tower include:
1. A romantic view from the observation decks
The Eiffel Tower has three decks, on the first and second levels, and the highest deck in the city is at the summit, The Top Floor of the Eiffel Tower.
These decks offer the city’s most stunning views, especially at night, as the streets are lit up, even from inside the elevators of the Tower!
Visitors who plan to visit at sunset have the most romantic experience, as the ambiance of the Eiffel Tower is enhanced by the special view of the color-changing sky visible at sunset.
The first level of the Eiffel Tower has a clear glass floor, offering a great view of the Seine River and a fun way to test your bravery with your partner.
2. A lavish Michelin-star dinner
No date can be complete without a lavish meal!
The Michelin-star restaurants at the Eiffel Tower serve delicious French dishes that would capture anyone’s taste buds and heart!
On the first level of the Eiffel Tower is Madame Brasserie restaurant, run by two-star Michelin Chef Thierry Marx.
They serve traditional French dishes with a twist made from local ingredients.
Le Jules Verne, on the second floor, is a one-star Michelin Eiffel Tower restaurant that serves dishes inspired by the Eiffel Tower, which are only available in the Eiffel Tower.
Both of these restaurants offer a lavish dining experience with a romantic view of the city and many menu options to choose from!
If you want to know which is best among the two, check out our article on Madame Brasserie vs Jules Vere.
3. Sip on the best Champagne from the Summit
Raise a toast to your love for a memorable date night at the luxurious Champagne Bar at the Summit.
It is also the perfect place to pop the question!!
It has an intimate atmosphere with a stunning background for photography!
The luxurious interiors make for a comfortable place to relax after exploring all the levels of the Tower at night with the best view of the city.
The Champagne Bar at the Summit is only accessible by elevator, as visitors are not allowed to use the staircase to the top.
4. End the night with a sparkle
The most romantic highlight in the entire city of Paris is the Eiffel Tower light shows, conducted every night as soon as the sun sets.
These light shows illuminate the entire city of Paris as 20,000 lights turn on, setting a perfect romantic backdrop for couples!
The light shows conducted at the Eiffel Tower on Valentine’s Day is the most romantic one, as colorful displays of light and music follow it.
Watching these mesmerizing light shows provides the perfect ending to your date night.
Additionally, you can capture unforgettable couple photographs from 21 different vantage points, ensuring the best views and memories to share on your social media platforms.
Professional and commercial photography of the Eiffel Tower light shows without permission from the authorities is prohibited.
Why Plan A Date At The Eiffel Tower At Night?
Here are some reasons why the Paris Eiffel Tower is the perfect date spot for you and your partner:
- The Tower is well-known as a romantic structure. It is the most iconic landmark in Paris, making your date much more special for your partner.
- The Eiffel Tower is a great place to end your day as its romantic ambiance increases because of the stunning light shows.
- The backdrop of the sparkling Tower in the night sets the most romantic background for a date in the city of lights.
- The view from the summit of the Paris Eiffel Tower at night is breathtaking and perfect for capturing anyone’s heart.
- The Michelin-star restaurants in the Eiffel Tower serve some of the best dishes in Paris with a romantic experience. A great view of the city accompanies it.
- The Eiffel Tower is less crowded at night; hence, you can enjoy a more intimate and romantic atmosphere.
- The gardens around the Eiffel Tower are a great place to enjoy a stroll with your partner, and also offer a great view of the Eiffel Tower light shows.
- The best place to plan a proposal in Paris is at the Champagne Bar at the summit of the Eiffel Tower. It is luxurious and the highest vantage point in Paris.
Best time to visit for the most romantic night at the Eiffel Tower
The Eiffel Tower welcomes visitors from 9:15 am to 10:45 pm and closes at 11:45 pm, with no entry permitted after 10:45 pm.
After 5 pm, the crowds at the tower tend to thin out, providing a quieter atmosphere as the sky darkens.
For the most romantic view, we highly recommend visiting during sunset, even though it may be slightly busier compared to nighttime.
Sunset offers a comprehensive experience as you witness the city transform along with the colors of the sky.
After witnessing a lovely sunset, you can enjoy the view of Paris’s skyline getting all lit up during the nighttime, all of these with just one ticket.
We suggest arriving at least an hour before sunset to make the most of your Eiffel Tower experience.
This way, you can delight in the panoramic view of the Paris skyline during daylight, followed by the breathtaking view of a lovely sunset.
As twilight sets in, you’ll be treated to the enchanting nighttime view of the city’s illuminated beauty.
The best part is that all of these incredible views can be enjoyed with just one ticket, ensuring a truly memorable visit.
You just have to plan your arrival well at the Eiffel Tower.
Romantic things to do around the Eiffel Tower at night
Now that you know how to plan a perfect date night at the Eiffel Tower, it’s time for a romantic finale!
Here is a list of romantic things you can do around the Eiffel Tower that will ensure a perfect fairytale ending to your lovely date night.
1. Glide along the Seine River with a perfect view
The Seine River cruises offer the best view of the city as well as the sparkling Eiffel Tower reflected on the waters.
It is a romantic experience in Paris and is also great for tourists as they can explore the entire city from the comfort of a cruise.
You can also choose to dine on the cruise at night while enjoying the scenic view or the Eiffel Tower and other stunning landmarks up close.
Most visitors and locals choose the cruise as a spot to view the light shows as it is the most romantic and least crowded experience, as everyone must buy tickets online in advance.
Nothing can be more romantic than riding a boat along the Seine River while holding the hands of your loved one.
2. A romantic picnic
Since the Champ de Mars gardens are at the base of the Eiffel Tower, they also offer a great romantic ambiance and are the perfect picnic spot in Paris.
Visitors can enjoy a clear view of the Eiffel Tower while engaging in intimate conversation and enjoying their time in nature with their partners.
You can also visit the Trocadero Gardens for a picnic, which stands across the Seine River and offers a great view of the Tower reflected on the surface.
3. Cabaret shows in Paris
The Moulin Rouge Cabaret show in Paris is famous for its romantic atmosphere and entertaining performances.
You can head to the Cabaret show, which features talented artists and has a Victoria romance-like setting.
The Can Can Dance, usually performed at the show, is flirty and romance-based, enhancing the romantic atmosphere of the entire show.
Tips to remember when planning a romantic Eiffel Tower at night date
Here are a few tips to ensure you have a great time at the Eiffel Tower at night!
- Book your entry tickets online in advance to avoid standing in long queues at the entrance and so that you don’t miss out because of limited ticket options.
- For the most romantic view from the Summit, check the sunset timings for the day in advance so you can enjoy this view on your visit.
- The second level has an open-air deck. If you plan to visit this deck, wear warm clothing, as it can get colder at night.
- It is recommended that you stay for the last light show conducted at 11 pm daily, as it offers a unique experience with flashing lights moving in a pattern.
- Buy a small souvenir from the Eiffel Tower souvenir shop so you can keep this day in your memory forever.
- Learn some basic French phrases to impress your husband, wife, or partner. You can also use these in case you need directions.
- Use Google Translate to understand written instructions if you are not fluent in French. This ensures you do not overlook any important information.
- If you plan to have a picnic in the Champ de Mars or Trocadero Gardens, bring along a blanket or a picnic mat for comfort.
- The public transportation at night is less crowded and is worth taking as they all have stops within walking distance from the Eiffel Tower.
- Wear formal or semi-formal clothing when visiting the Eiffel Tower, especially the restaurants. They have strict dress codes.
- Take advantage of the kid’s menu when having dinner at Madame Brasserie if you are visiting with your entire family.
- The Champagne Bar is the perfect spot for an intimate proposal at the Summit of the Tower.
- You can also arrange for a couple’s professional photoshoot at the Eiffel Tower to have some memorable photos of your date night.
FAQs for Romantic Eiffel Tower at night
Why is the Eiffel Tower so romantic?
The design of the Eiffel Tower is timeless and the structure offers the most romantic ambiance in Paris with its stunning views from all decks.
It also has sparkling light shows that illuminate the entire city and are a must-watch.
Why is the Eiffel Tower suitable for couples?
The Eiffel Tower is a perfect place for couples because of its romantic ambiance, light shows, Michelin-star restaurants, luxurious Champagne Bar, and more!
It stands at the heart of Paris, making it extremely popular among visitors who want to propose to their partner.
Is it worth seeing the Eiffel Tower at night?
The Eiffel Tower offers a great experience to all its visitors with its stunning views at night, as it has the highest deck in Paris.
There are also fun light shows conducted every night.
Is the Eiffel Tower the most romantic place?
Yes, the Eiffel Tower is known for its romantic ambiance because of its timeless structure and other romantic activities that couples can enjoy inside the Tower.
It is the perfect place to arrange a romantic proposal or simply to celebrate with your loved ones.
What are the prices for having dinner at the Eiffel Tower?
Le Jules Verne and Madame Brasserie restaurants serve dinner options in the Eiffel Tower. Some of the prices for dinner in the restaurants are:
• Madame Brasserie Gustave Menu: €128
• Madame Brasserie Grande Dame Menu: €185
• Jules Verne 5-course Menu: €255
• Jules Verne 7-course Menu: €275
Can you get married at the top of the Eiffel Tower?
Yes, you can arrange your wedding party in the Gustave Eiffel Lounge, which is on the first level of the Eiffel Tower and a great place to organize private events.
What are the Eiffel Tower light show timings?
The Eiffel Tower light show begins as soon as the sun sets every day. You can watch the light shows for the first five minutes of every hour from anywhere around the Eiffel Tower.
The last light show is conducted at 11 pm, which consists of sparkling lights moving rhythmically, and is slightly different from the other shows organized.
What are the Champagne Bar timings in the Eiffel Tower?
The Champagne Bar Eiffel Tower opens at 10.30 am and closes at 10.30 pm.
You have enough time to relax at the bar after exploring all levels of the Eiffel Tower at your own pace.
How much is it to go to the top floor of the Eiffel Tower?
Some of the best Eiffel Tower tickets available to get you to the Summit of the Eiffel Tower for a perfect date night are:
Featured Image: Vogue.com