Each year, millions of visitors come to Paris to visit two of the most famous attractions around the world, The Eiffel Tower and the Louvre Museum.
And you can’t complete your tour of any of these two attractions without visiting the other one.
That means almost every visitor who visits Eiffel Tower pays their visit to Louvre Museum also, and the same goes for the Louvre Visitors as well; they complete their tour with the Eiffel Tower visit.
In this article, we’ll discuss the distance, location and transportation options between Eiffel Tower to Louvre Museum.
Distance: 3.5 kilometers (by walk)
- 7 Minutes (By Car)
- 7 Minutes (By Taxi)
- 17 Minutes (by Subway/Metro/Train)
- 25 Minutes (by Bus)
- 43 Minutes (By Walk)
Eiffel Tower Ticket Price: €35 ($39) / Adult
Location and Distance to Louvre from Eiffel Tower
The Louvre Museum is located on the opposite side of the River Seine, about 4.3 kilometers (2.7 miles) away from the Eiffel Tower. Get Directions.
It takes approximately twelve minutes by taxi to reach the museum from the tower.
Alternatively, if you choose to walk, the distance is 3.5 kilometers (2.1 miles), which would take approximately 45 minutes.
The walking route offers a pleasant experience, as you would cross the river at the charming Pont Royal (Royal Bridge).
Eiffel Tower to Louvre Museum via Metro
Paris boasts a well-developed Metro system, ensuring convenient access to various locations with a metro station situated within a 500-meter radius (equivalent to 1/3 of a mile).
- In close proximity to the Eiffel Tower, you’ll find two Metro stations: Bir-Hakeim, serving Line 6, and Alma-Marceau, serving Line 9.
- To reach Bir-Hakeim from the Eiffel Tower a brief ten-minute walk is all it takes.
- From there, you’ll board a train on Line 6. After approximately seven minutes and five stops, you’ll arrive at Charles de Gaulle-Étoile station.
- From there, you can transfer to Line 1 and continue your journey to the Palais Royal Musée du Louvre station.
- Overall, this entire trip is estimated to take around 35 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can reach Alma-Marceau Station, which is 1 kilometer (0.62 miles) away from the Eiffel Tower.
- By taking a 15-minute stroll, you can easily reach Alma-Marceau Station. From there, you must board a Line 9 train to reach Franklin D. Roosevelt Station.
- The journey from Alma-Marceau to Franklin D. Roosevelt station takes approximately two minutes. Upon arrival, you will need to transfer to a Line 1 train.
- You will arrive at Palais Royal Musée du Louvre station in just five minutes and four stops.
Overall, this entire trip is estimated to take around 30 minutes.
Eiffel Tower to Louvre Museum via Taxi
The most efficient method of transportation from the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre Museum is by taxi.
If you have limited time, we suggest considering an Eiffel Tower to Louvre taxi as your preferred mode of transportation.
There is a high availability of taxis in the vicinity of the Eiffel Tower, and if you have difficulty hailing one, you can look for a designated taxi stand, also known as a taxi rank.
- One of the closest taxi stands is located at the corner of Rue Jean Rey and Avenue de Suffren, near the Hotel Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.
- This stand is conveniently situated less than 100 meters (325 feet) away from the Eiffel Tower.
- Additionally, you can book taxis online through various taxi companies such as Centrale Taxi Paris, Les Taxis G7, and others.
- This provides an alternative means of securing a taxi for your journey.
Tip: You can reach the Louvre Museum by taking an Uber, which typically costs around 10 Euros.
When comparing Uber rides to local Parisian taxis, many tourists often find Uber rides to be more comfortable and budget-friendly.
Eiffel Tower to Louvre Museum via Bus
When traveling to the Louvre, locals and tourists highly recommend Bus No. 72.
This bus from Eiffel Tower to Louvre is renowned for running alongside the picturesque River Seine, offering glimpses of the city’s iconic bridges and monuments.
- To catch Bus No. 72, you can head to the Musée d’Art Moderne – Palais de Tokyo bus station, located approximately 700 meters (half a mile) away from the Eiffel Tower.
- It’s a quick ten-minute walk to reach the bus station.
- Once aboard the bus, after approximately 13 minutes and eight stops, you will need to disembark at the Pont Des Arts bus stop.
- From there, it’s less than a minute’s walk to the Louvre.
For the most up-to-date information on bus routes and schedules, you can refer to RATP, the state-owned public transport operator, which provides the latest information on bus routes and timings.
Eiffel Tower to Louvre Museum via Walking
If you have sufficient time, embarking on a leisurely walk to the Louvre Museum can be a rewarding experience.
The Eiffel Tower to Louvre walking distance is 3.5 kilometers (2.1 miles), following the path alongside the Seine, which adds excitement to the approximately 45-minute stroll.
However, we advise against this option unless you are accustomed to significant amounts of walking.
It’s important to note that the Louvre Museum encompasses an extensive network of art galleries stretching approximately 14.5 kilometers (9 miles). And hence you will also be walking quite a bit inside the Louvre.
Best way to get from the Eiffel Tower to Louvre – Additional Tip
A taxi is the best way to travel from the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre Museum because it offers a direct and comfortable ride, saving time and effort.
Taxis are readily available near the Eiffel Tower and can drop you off right at the entrance of the Louvre, making it convenient for visitors, especially those with limited mobility.
Moreover, it allows you to enjoy the scenic views of Paris while being chauffeured to your destination.
Additionally, if you book an Uber, it only costs you around 10 Euros making it more easy on your pockets.
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum Tickets
On the contrary, if you buy tickets on-site, you may spend anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes (depending on the season) waiting in line at each attraction’s ticket counter.
If you have already acquired your tickets online, you can bypass the ticket lines and proceed directly to the elevators that will take you up the Eiffel Tower.
In about 90 minutes, you can explore the first and second floors and enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of Paris from the third floor.
Once you have finished exploring the Eiffel Tower, you should allocate at least 30 minutes to travel to the Louvre Museum. However, the duration will vary depending on your chosen mode of transportation.
In a rush, some tourists manage to complete their exploration of the Louvre within two hours.
However, to fully appreciate the world’s finest masterpieces, it is recommended to allow at least three hours for a comprehensive tour.
Regardless of which attraction you visit first, both the Louvre Museum and the Eiffel Tower are certain to create lasting memories for you and your family or group.
Tip: You can also choose to visit the Eiffel Tower during the day and Louvre Museum during the night.
What is the fastest mode of transportation to reach the Louvre Museum from the Eiffel Tower?
The fastest mode of transportation to reach the Louvre Museum from the Eiffel Tower is by taking a taxi or rideshare service like Uber. It offers a direct and efficient journey.
Are any metro stations near the Eiffel Tower connecting directly to the Louvre Museum?
Yes, two metro stations near the Eiffel Tower connect directly to the Louvre Museum. The nearest ones are Bir-Hakeim (Line 6) and Alma-Marceau (Line 9).
How long does the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre walk take?
The walking distance from the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre Museum is approximately 3.5 kilometers (2.1 miles). It takes around 45 minutes to complete the walk, offering a pleasant experience along the Seine.
Are any taxi stands or services available near the Eiffel Tower for convenient transportation to the Louvre?
Yes, there are taxi stands available near the Eiffel Tower for convenient transportation to the Louvre Museum. One of the closest taxi stands is at the corner of Rue Jean Rey and Avenue de Suffren, near the Hotel Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.
Can I take a bus from the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre Museum? Which bus route should I choose?
Yes, you can take a bus from the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre Museum. Bus No. 72 is popular as it runs along the Seine, providing scenic views of the city’s bridges and monuments. You can board this bus from the Musée d’Art Moderne – Palais de Tokyo bus station.
Is it recommended to purchase tickets for the Louvre Museum and the Eiffel Tower in advance to save time?
It is highly recommended to purchase tickets for the Louvre Museum and the Eiffel Tower in advance. This allows you to skip the ticket counter lines and save valuable time during your visit.
How much time should I allocate to visit the EiffelTower and the Louvre Museum in one day?
To have a fulfilling experience at both the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre Museum, allocate a minimum of half a day. This will give you sufficient time to explore both attractions without feeling rushed. However, if you are short on time, it is possible to visit the main highlights of both sites in approximately five hours by planning your itinerary efficiently.
Featured Image: Vacatis.com